1. DecioGooner

"History Man"

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Nuovo allenatore delle riserve...

Terry Burton joins Arsenal's coaching staff

gun__1341509519_burton_terry

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to confirm Terry Burton as its new reserves and head development coach.

Burton joins Arsenal following Pat Rice’s departure as assistant manager at the end of the season, and the subsequent move of Steve Bould and Neil Banfield to the first-team coaching staff.

Born in Camden Town, north London, Burton has had previous spells with Arsenal, as both a youth player and coach.

Joining the Club as a schoolboy, Burton was an integral part of the Arsenal’s FA Youth Cup-winning side in 1971. He later joined the Gunners as a youth coach in 1979, and was instrumental in the hugely successful generation of players including Tony Adams, David Rocastle, Michael Thomas, Paul Merson and Martin Keown. He was also a first-team coach during his time with the Club, notably working with Don Howe in the mid-1980s.

Following his initial spell as a coach with Arsenal, Burton forged a successful coaching career with Wimbledon, where he spent time as manager, and then with Watford, Cardiff City, West Bromwich Albion and most recently working as assistant manager at Sheffield Wednesday, helping guide the Yorkshire side to promotion into the Championship.

Burton will take charge of the Club’s reserves side, but will also head up the Arsenal team which is participating for the first time in next season’s NextGen Series, the elite European Under-19s competition.

Working closely with head of youth development Liam Brady, Burton will also influence coaching strategies across all of the Club’s youth development age groups.

Arsène Wenger said: “We are delighted that Terry Burton is joining Arsenal. I have known Terry for many years and he is someone who is hugely respected and highly regarded in the game. Terry brings with him a wealth of coaching experience and he will be a great asset for us, working with our reserves and youth development players.”

New Arsenal coach, Terry Burton said: “I’m delighted and proud to be joining Arsenal as reserves and head development coach. Having started my career at Arsenal as a youth player, and then as a coach, I know the history, class and values of this great football club. I can’t wait to get started in my new role and to meet the players and my new colleagues.

Burton continued: “I would like to take this opportunity to thank Dave Jones and everyone at Sheffield Wednesday for their support and understanding. Wednesday is a great club and I leave behind many great friends. I wish everyone at Sheffield Wednesday the best of luck for next season.”

Burton joins the Club next week, in time for the start of the Club’s pre-season preparations.

Everyone at Arsenal welcomes Terry back to the Club.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/t...-coaching-staff

62 replies since 21/2/2012, 22:56   997 views